Values: Caring and Love
- Take care of yourself and each other—create safety through care and kindness
- Prioritise relationships and outcomes will follow
- Be impeccable with your word—speak with love and integrity to/about yourself and others. Strive to never use your word against yourself or against others.
- Kanohi ki te kanohi—work face-to-face (or voice to voice) as much as possible, especially when disagreements arise. It allows one to not only see who or what one is communicating with, but also to hear and feel the relationship.
BE REAL, BE BOLD
Values: Accountability & Courage
- Be radically clear and transparent—there is nothing we can’t talk about.
- Notice assumptions & seek clarity—seek to clarify doubts instead of coming to conclusions
Values: Oneness & Wairua
- Practice holding the interconnectivity and reciprocity of living systems in everything you do—the wellness of the Earth Beat whānau and community contributes to the wellness of all the individuals—and vice versa—the wellness of all the individuals contributes to the wellness of the Earth Beat whānau and community.
- Whakarongo ki a Papatūānuku—the Earth is alive and she is working with us. Listen to her. Practice breathing, walking, and dancing in concert with her natural cycles moment-to-moment.
LIGHT IT UP
Values: Lightness & Joy
- Be mindful of the energy we individually bring and co-create
- Do what you love/inspires you—focus on what calls you. Open the space for others to step in and do the rest
- Look for ways to make things fun
Values: Inclusivity & Whānau
- Recognise that difference is a reason for celebration and growth, rather than a reason for division and destruction.
- Earth Beat is for everyone—We are human before gender, race, physical ability, religion, ideology, income etc. First and foremost, it is our human-ness that unites us.